Acupuncture and the Nervous System
Acupuncture regulates the nervous system to create the following bodily reactions:
- Augmentation of Immunity – Increased Immune Function & Resistance to Disease, Allergy Elimination, Colds, Flu, Coughs, Bronchitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Immune Diseases, Fibromyalgia
- Endorphin Release – Balances Serotonin to Decrease Anxiety, Depression, PMS, Pain, Drug and Cigarette Withdrawal & Stress
- Neurotransmitter Regulation – Anti-inflammatory, Promotion of Feelings of Well Being, Regulation of Brain Chemicals for Depression, Hormone and Ovulation Regulation, Hot Flashes, Menopause, Infertility, Headaches, Migraines, Peripheral Neuropathy, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Homeostatic or Regulatory Effect – High Blood Pressure, Allergies, Increased Energy, Insomnia, Palpitations, Asthma, Brain Fog, Stress, Digestive System Regulation, Hormone Regulation, Bladder Regulation, Blood Sugar Regulation, Diabetes
- Bioelectric Theory – Stimulation of Cells for Tissue Repair (Sprained Ankle, Back, Wrist, Whiplash, Post Surgical Recovery, Broken Bones, Tendonitis, Bursitis, Ligament Tears, Shoulders Injuries)
- Nervous System Theories – Central nervous system, spinal & peripheral nerve stimulation (All types of Numbness, Nausea from Pregnancy, Liver, Colon and Stomach Regulation (Heartburn, IBS, GURD, Gas, Indigestion)
- Increased Blood Circulation – Improved Circulation & Smooth Muscle Relaxation for all types of Pain Relief and Healing of Muscle Tissue, Arthritis, Ligaments, Tendons, Discs, Scar Tissue, Fibromyalgia, Fertility Issues, Menstrual Irregularities, Digestive Disorders. Blood carries all of the nutrients that the body needs to ‘fix itself’. Blood flow decreases in areas pain and disease. You must increase blood flow to heal, recover and have good health.
- Motor Gate Theory – Peripheral Neuropathy, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Paralysis: Just as Acupuncture can open a stuck ‘gate’ and allow paralysis to be overcome, it can unblock your Qi and allows the body to heal: Acupuncture meridians are the internal pathways through which your energy flows. Treating Acupuncture points along the meridians sends messages (neurotransmitters) to tell your body to repair itself and balance its systems (results in healing and increased energy and sense of well-being). It is like tuning up your car for optimum performance, except we tune up your body for optimum health.